Troubleshooting Employee Web Services
- If you are logging on to Employee Web Services for the first time, click on the New User link on the Employee page. Your initial PIN will be e-mailed to your Loyola E-mail account. Upon your
initial signon you will be required to change your pin to a number known only
to you. If you have forgotten your pin, click on the "I forgot my PIN" link and answer
your PIN question. If you have forgotten the answer to your PIN question, contact Donna Rochon at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your PIN reset.
- Earlier browsers are known to have display problems with Employee Web Services. It is recommended
that you use Netscape Navigator 7.1 or greater, Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater, or Firefox 1.0 (formally Mozilla). Macintosh users may also use Safari 1.1.
Use the link http://www.loyno.edu/infotech/browserdownloads.htm
to check the version of your browser and download an upgrade if necessary.
You may also contact the Help Desk to schedule an upgrade if needed:
- Do not “double-click” on any page in Employee Web Services.
- Verify that the cookies are enabled on your browser.
Internet Explorer: Select Tools, then Internet Options, click on the Privacy Tab, Check Override Cookie Handling and Always allow session cookies, Select Accept Cookies.
Netscape: Select Edit, Preferences, Privacy & Security, Select Enable cookies for the originating web site.
- Verify that you are retrieving the lastest version of the page.
Internet Explorer: Select Tools, then Internet Options, click on the General Tab, Click on the Setting button, select Every visit to the page
Netscape: Select Edit, Preferences, Cache, Select Every Visit to the page.
- Clear the cache.
Internet Explorer: Select Tools, then Internet Options, click on the General Tab, Click on the Clear History button.
Netscape: Select Edit, Preferences, Cache, Click on the Clear Cache button.
- AOL Users: Use AOL to access the internet, but switch to Internet Explorer to access
Employee Web Services. This seems to work for most.